You may be tired of living at the mercy of the fluctuating stock and real estate markets. A charitable gift annuity is a gift made to our organization that can provide you with a secure source of fixed payments for life.
Benefits of a Charitable Gift Annuity
- Leave a lasting legacy with your gift
- Receive fixed payments to you or another annuitant you designate for life
- Receive a charitable income tax deduction for the charitable gift portion of the annuity
- Benefit from payments that may be partially tax-free
How a Charitable Gift Annuity works
A charitable gift annuity is a way to make a gift to support The Community Foundation.
- You transfer cash or property to The Community Foundation.
- In exchange, we promise to pay fixed payments to you for life. The payment can be quite high depending on your age, and a portion of each payment may even be tax-free.
- You will receive a charitable income tax deduction for the gift portion of the annuity.
- You also receive satisfaction, knowing that you will be helping The Community Foundation or an affiliated fund.
If you decide to fund your gift annuity with cash, a significant portion of the annuity payment will be tax-free. You may also make a gift of appreciated securities to fund a gift annuity and avoid a portion of the capital gains tax.
If you have any questions about charitable gift annuities, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer your questions.