The Following Scholarship will be available September 1, 2020.
Applications MUST BE submitted online by 11:45pm on October 31, 2020
The Helen & Edward Brancati Teacher Development Scholarship was begun in memory of our parents who felt that education was the door to the future and that a good teacher was the key.
One scholarship of $500 is awarded annually to the teacher who best exemplifies the dedication to the principles and high professional standards of Helen and Edward Brancati. This teachers’ scholarship opens its cycle from September 1st through October 31st.
Who May Apply:
1. Any teacher employed by an accredited school in the United States.
2. Classroom teachers seeking post graduate education, or needing funds for required continuing education classes, workshops or conferences as well as for certification courses. Applicants may not use this scholarship money for post graduate classes that will lead to an administrative position removing them from the classroom.
3. The applicant must be a U.S. Citizen.
Criteria For Selection:
The grant is awarded on the basis of the applicant demonstrating the ability to create an atmosphere of learning for students across the broad spectrum of a mainstream classroom.
1. Show proof of employment.
2. Provide a copy of their Teaching Certificate.
3. Outline your plan for how these funds will be used to increase your professional development or enhance your classroom.
4. Provide an original essay of approximately 500 words as to why you became a teacher and how this scholarship will benefit you and your future students.
5. If the applicant is currently enrolled in a post-graduate program, proof of enrollment or their most recent transcript must be provided.
After the initial review of the applications to assure that they are complete each applicant’s letter of recommendation, essay and any other materials the candidate has provided will be evaluated. The scholarship will be awarded directly to the university or educational institution that the recipient will be attending for post graduate or certification courses.
If in the sole opinion of the trustees of the grant, no applicant meets all the criteria, a recipient will not be selected.
A complete application consists of six parts:
1. A completed, signed formal application
2. Proof of employment
3. Copy of Teaching Certificate
4. Outline of how you plan to use these funds
5. A written 500 word essay
6. If the applicant is currently enrolled in a post-graduate program, proof of enrollment or their most recent transcript must be provided.
To be considered for this scholarship, applications MUST BE complete and submitted online by 11:45pm on October 31, 2020. Click on the link below to begin then submit your application.