Our Grant Opportunities are now open.
Our next Grant Cycle will take place from September 7, 2021 thru October 1, 2021.
CAPACITY BUILDING MINI-GRANTS
WHO WE ARE:
Youth Philanthropy in SWFL, fund of the Cape Coral Community Foundation, is a group of high school students that provides small capacity building grants to nonprofit organizations. Through the grantmaking process, students learn the art, science, and business of philanthropy.
What are Capacity Building Mini-Grants?
Youth Philanthropy in SWFL will provide mini grants to nonprofit organizations interested in improving their capacity and strengthening their sustainability, impact, and success.
The youth philanthropy students are working to help build sustainability for nonprofit organizations in Southwest Florida. Capacity Building grants support this endeavor by providing funds that will allow nonprofits to carry out their missions more effectively. Youth Philanthropy in SWFL aims to assist organizations with organizational and financial stability, program quality, and growth.
WHAT WE FUND:
Youth Philanthropy in SWFL is looking to fund grants that will:
- Strengthen the Board of Directors and governance of the organization, through training or assistance from an expert in the field.
- Assist in strategic thinking and planning for the future of the organization.
- Enable organizations to merge operations and/or programming to ensure sustainability.
- Build a plan for long-term sustainability and reliable funding streams.
- Develop the skills of the Board and staff in a specific area impacting governance or management of the organization.
- Support collaborative initiatives or efforts to enhance systemic support around a community issue.
Examples of Eligible Activities:
Including but not limited to:
- Developing or refining organization mission, vision, or goals
- Organizational assessment, evaluation of overall effectiveness, and strategic planning
- Building and diversifying revenue streams
- Developing or refining communications, marketing, and outreach strategy
- Improving impact measurement tools and program evaluation capacity
- Developing executive leadership succession plans
- Organizations must be determined as a charitable organization in good standing under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or other charitable, educational, or faith-based organizations.
- Organizations with 5 or fewer paid staff members will only be considered!
- Organizations must have a physical location in one of the following 3 counties in Southwest Florida: Lee, Charlotte, and Collier.
- No 990 or audited financials required. However, your organization must provide a completed year-end financial statement.
Applicants may request up to $1,000 for a capacity-building mini grant.
September 7 – October 1, 2021
Grant Application Deadline Date:
October 1, 2021 – 11:45 p.m.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested organizations should apply online using the APPLY NOW button below. Mailed, emailed, faxed or hand delivered applications will NOT be accepted.
Prior to applying, organizations are encouraged to thoroughly review all information about this grant to ensure they meet the criteria.
Applications will be reviewed by the Youth Philanthropy in SWFL students of the Cape Coral Community Foundation and will be notified via email of application status (Applications approved, and applications declined will be emailed on the same day).