About This Event
Event fundraisers from Southwest Florida leading nonprofits, along with other fundraising experts and thought-leaders, presented fundraising best practices and trends at THE BIG EVENT, the first conference for Southwest Florida event fundraising professionals.
THE BIG EVENT, sponsored by the Global Center for Generosity at The Community Foundation, was a half-day conference and networking reception. The conference enabled fundraising professionals to share and discover relevant trends, engage with industry peers, and learn from industry insiders.
Tracey Galloway, Chief Executive Officer, Community Cooperative (pictured right), is one of Southwest Florida’s most admired nonprofit leaders. She has over 20 years of direct involvement with charitable fund development, event fundraising and nonprofit management.
Hear her talk on “Special Events: The Gateway to Major Donors.”
Event Fundraising Conference Presenters Include:
- Connie Ramos-Williams – President, CONRIC PR & MARKETING
- Tracey Galloway – Chief Executive Officer, Community Cooperative
- Taylor Loethen, Program Manager, Top Rocker Events
- Jeanne Sweeney – President, Above Board Chamber
- Ashley Maher – Director of Marketing, Charlotte County Community Foundation
- Ingrid Fuller – Chief Marketing Officer, Fuller Online Solutions
- Carolyn Johnson – Vice President, Goodwill Industries of Southwest Florida
- ToniRae Hurley – Branch Manager, Iberia Bank
- Danielle Gates – President, D. Gates Wealth Management
- Robin Griffith – Multimedia and Public Relations Specialist
- Shana Overhulser – Owner, Page One Graphics
Topics included selling through stories and emotion to inspire donors, running efficient and profitable campaigns, developing event sponsorship packages, registration/checkout best practices and panel discussion on event fundraising trends.
“Special events create pathways to major donors. The event fundraising field is forever changing. Donor demographics are changing and fundraisers need to think about creative ways to engage and retain event sponsors and donors,” said The Community Foundation CEO Michael Chatman. “THE BIG EVENT [provided] event fundraisers a dynamic way to discover ideas and learn new skills that will help benefit their causes, while providing an opportunity to learn from and network with peers.”